Working in the Wired connectivity division on Type-C power system products:
- Design of power system circuits meeting performance, area, power and timescale constraints using state of the art EDA tools.
- Analog design and technical project leadership of integrated circuit development.
- Coordinate test and product engineering tasks for Type-C power system products including support of test development.
- Work with system and digital teams with product definition, chip integration, chip top level verification and system validation.
- Support DFT strategy and implementation.
- Silicon bring-up support of validation, production test and char.
- Supervise layout and support junior engineers.
- Highly skilled in scheduling/budgeting of complex development programs, especially in product line planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In addition, be self-motivated with the initiative to seek constant improvements in the Power systems design methodologies.
- The candidate must also possess strong initiative, analytical/problem solving skills, team working skills, ability to multitask and be able to work within a diverse team environment.
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related field of study with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in Analog and Power systems design.
Must have the following:
- Proven expertise in Silicon product development preferably in micro controller space
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team to deliver complex IPs starting from the creation of the spec, design, verification, and finally high volume productization is a strong requirement.
- Expertise in dealing and designing with complex IP's from different sources onto the same piece of silicon.
- Familiarity with fly-back converter system design constraints and trade-offs, technological limits of metals (joule heating/fusing/electromigration) and packages (bond wire fusing and power limitation)
- Solid fundamentals of transistor level analog integrated circuits, device physics and power system design
- Familiarity with Verilog-A or equivalent model development for power systems
- Design experience with analog modules such as ADC, DAC, comparators, amplifiers, bandgap reference etc.
- Understand ESD/latch-up mechanism and be capable to debug the issue.
- Solid knowledge of EDA design tools used in power system design (e.g. Simplis) and Cadence IC design environment.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts in solving complex analog circuit problems with defined set of constraints.
- Have taken several products into production with analog circuits.
- Ability to quickly understand complex systems and circuits, debug and root cause performance issues is a must.
- A background in high frequency signal integrity modeling is a plus.
- Understanding package substrate, PCB, back-plane and cabling design and tradeoffs is desired.
- Data analysis (using MATLAB / Excel / Python / Perl) and test automation experience is highly desired.
- Type-C Power systems knowledge is a big plus.